Skunk2’s high-quality Spring Bases for Honda’s K-series engines are
designed to allow any K-series cylinder head originally equipped with
single valve springs to accept higher-performance, dual valve springs,
like those from Skunk2. Each Spring Base is manufactured using the
latest 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
to make sure the design is optimized for strength and longevity.
Engineers then test and prove the design on the engine dyno. Once
approved for manufacturing, engineers make sure to only use high-quality
steel that’s been ultrasonically inspected and certified. After CNC
machining, each Spring Base is then individually inspected to ensure
proper dimensions and that it’s free from machining defects.
Skunk2 designs, develops, and tests its entire valvetrain lineup in-house to ensure superior quality and maximum performance gains. During development, each valvetrain component is tested both on the dyno and the road. Manufactured from the best materials available, Skunk2 valvetrain components provide exceptional performance, reliability, and quality and remain standard-issue on each Skunk2 vehicle that we build and support.
- Only for use on K-series engines originally equipped with single valve springs that are upgrading to dual valve springs.
- .440-inch inner diameter.
- 2002 - 2006 Acura RSX (Base, Type-S)
- 2004 - 2008 Acura TSX (Base)
- 2006 - 2010 Honda Civic Coupe (Si)
- 2002 - 2005 Honda Civic Hatchback (Si)
- 2007 - 2010 Honda Civic Sedan (Si)
- 2003 - 2008 Honda Element (2WD EX, 4WD EX)
- 2004 - 2008 Honda Element (2WD LX, 4WD LX)
- 2003 - 2004 Honda Element (2WD DX, 4WD DX)